Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a snacker!
I can't seem to go more than a couple hours without one.... reading a blog? grab a snack... don't feel like cooking? grab a snack... running late? grab a snack... bored? grab a snack.... see, it's my answer for everything.
The problem is, healthy and proper snacking. Recently, my hubby brought home a massive bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs, I don't really know why, as he has the will power to say no to them. Me, on the other hand, I don't possess that super power. Now that the bag is pretty much empty, and I've consumed 96.5% of those eggs, guilt has started to creep in. No more binge chocolate eating... I hope (shifty eyes)...
Anyways, have you ever heard of energy bites? Oh My, they are great! They are full of healthy ingredients that satisfy your hunger and cravings, and most importantly taste good. The problem is, there are literally a hundred energy bite recipes out there. You can get pretty creative. I mean; pumpkin pie energy bites, coconut date energy bites, chocolate matcha energy bites, pineapple coconut, blueberry and dark chocolate, the list goes on and on. But, for today, lets stick with a basic one, we all have to start somewhere right?!
Here's a super simple No Bake Energy Bite Recipe I know you'll love. It's super easy and super yummy.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, dry
- 2/3 cup toasted (it wont ruin them if they aren't toasted) coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed (available at any health store, Loblaws, or Bulk Barn)
- 1/3 cup honey (I MUCH prefer PURE maple syrup if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (I told you they were healthy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (you have to have some fun)
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let sit in the fridge for almost a half hour.
- Roll into bite size balls, and store in fridge in an air tight container for up to 1 week
- You are literally done, it was that easy!!
Don't forget to tell me what you think, or any other healthy and delicious 'snacks' you make yourself!!